Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help reading harmonics out from Agilent EXA n9010a

Hi, guys,

I am trying to read total harmonics distortion data out of agilent EXA n9010a. However, all it displays on the spectrum analyzer is the "sweep SA" operation. What I did is initialize, configure harmonics and read measurement (harmonics). But it does not work when I try to run the program. 

I attached the simple program here.

Thanks,

Da

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,142 Views)

Have you searched our ni.com/idnet to see if we have any driver for your device?

Does it give you an error when you are saying it does not run?

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,113 Views)

Hello, 

Thanks for replying. I did download the drivers and the diagram was created using sub-vis from the drivers package. If I simply runs the "Read Measurement (Harmonic).vi", the error it reports has a code -1074003950, and the discription is listed below:

Agilent MXA Series.lvlib:Extended User Data.vi<ERR>
<b>Reference Not Found:</b> (xBFFC0012) Cannot retrieve user data for the given resource name as there was not data associated with the resource name. Before you can read data, you need to write the user data using the Write Data action of this User Data VI.

<b>Complete call chain:</b>
Agilent MXA Series.lvlib:Extended User Data.vi
Agilent MXA Series.lvlib:Initiate.vi
Agilent MXA Series.lvlib:Read Measurement (Harmonic).vi

If I need to configure the measurement first, I also have one simple vi just to test. And put it in the attachment. The second frame corresponds to the data reading part. Thanks a lot.

Da

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,089 Views)

What happens when you run one of the examples that come with the driver. You usually can't just jump into the middle of the available functions. I would suggest you look closer at the examples. Just like the rest of the LabVIEW examples, go to Help>Find Examples.

p.s. Please get rid of the ridiculous stacked sequence structure. It has no purpose in even being on the LabVIEW palettes anymore.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,079 Views)