From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Solaris drivers for old hardware

(Hi folks, I posted this question yesterday, but I really should have mentioned the platform in the subject line, as people will assume Windows.  I didn't see a way to edit the subject of an existing topic, so I'm re-posting this.  I apologize for the mostly-redundant post.)

I'm looking for the driver package for the Solaris 2.x OS for SPARC systems (not x86, and certainly not Windows) for the PCI-MXI-2 board.  I am trying to resurrect an old data acquisition system mainly for fun.  I can't seem to find those old drivers anywhere; can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

-Dave McGuire

mcguire@neurotica.com

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,256 Views)

Hi Dave,

Thanks for posting to the NI Forums! I am unable to find a driver online that can be downloaded, but was able to find this KnowledgeBase article, which mentions that the MXI-2 2.0 driver should work with a Solaris 2.5 or above OS.

Current NI-VXI Driver Versions

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/63E23F33EB70A086862571EA00659E04

Since this specific driver is not available as an online download, you will need to contact a National Instruments Sales Representative in order to help you further in obtaining the driver.

Thanks!

Kevin S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,228 Views)

Hi!  Thanks for your reply.  This probably means NI wants me to buy drivers that my predecessor bought fifteen years ago and lost the CDROM. 😉  I don't see that working out, as I'm mainly doing this as a fun exercise, but I'll ask a sales guy as you suggested.  Maybe he/she can work some magic.  Thanks, and have a great day!

-Dave McGuire

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,220 Views)