From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-VISA licensing policy

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I would like to use NI-VISA for my current project, but I am little bit confused when it comes to a licensing policy. Please help me determine whether or not I need to acquire NI-VISA developer and/or deployment license.

In my scenario, I need to write a Windows application (using Embarcadero Delphi IDE) that will control Tektronix TDS 2000 Series oscilloscopes via USB. For the low-level control of oscilloscopes I would like to use NI-VISA software.

Do I need to buy NI-VISA license?

Thank you in advance

Ivo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,094 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ibauer

Hello Ivo,

license for NI-VISA is included in price when you are using some sort of Application Development Environment, i.e.. NI LabVIEW or LabWindows/CVI. Other case is you have NI hardware that you will control using NI-VISA, than the license for NI-VISA is included in the price of hardware. In case you don't use NI development environment or NI hardware, you should buy license for using NI-VISA. For details please see page ni.com/visa/license.htm.

Please let me know if I can help you further, or mark my answer as correct.

Thank you, have a nice day.

Jakub Prokeš
NIEE Aplications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,050 Views)

Dear Jakub,

Thank you for confirming what I suspected.

Ivo

Message 3 of 3
(6,046 Views)