Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple parallel GPIB threads

Hello,

I am setting up system with multiple measurement devices connected to 1 GPIB adapter in PC.

I prepared multiple parallel threads, one for each measurement device to continuously collect measurement data.

I am aware of GPIB limitations, that this measurements are not actually done in parallel, but GPIB collects this data sequentially and i am fine with that.

However...

If one of the devices is turned off (just for testing purposes) it blocks entire communication with all other measurement devices.

This turned off device is blocking entire GPIB bus communication until read timeout is reached.

And when i power on the device again and it starts initializing, it again block entire communication until device is properly initialized (about 10secs).

I understand that communication master <> slave for this particular device which is powered off blocks GPIB BUS for entire time defined by read timeout, but it should be possible to configure GPIB communication in a way where GPIB BUS is not blocked while specific device is not responding for specific time.

Is there someone who had this issue before or have idea how to solve it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(573 Views)