From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modbus IO Server Issues Error -1967353902

Solved!
Go to solution

Good morning,

I am trying to communicate from a cRIO 9035 to a cRIO 9030 through Modbus and I keep getting error -1967353902 on the cRIO 9035.  I am using the NI 9871 modules on each cRIO.  I never get this error on the cRIO 9030, it is only on the cRIO 9035.

I found the following note when troubleshooting Modbus IO Servers: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370715P-01/lvmve/dsc_modbus_trbsht/

I do sometimes get error -1967353900 which in that link states there is an issue with other devices occupying the serial port.  

I ended up creating a new project with just a simple vi to test the comms between the units (attached).  When I first started each vi, everything worked fine.  But subsequent launches, I get the error codes above.

Here is a list of things I've tried:

-deleting/creating new Modbus IO server

-verifying that opening a VISA terminal in NI Max that the ports are able to communicate

-reformated the cRIO-9035

-created a new project (attached) with simple library

I'm at a loss here as to what else I can try.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,262 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jdenn

I was able to figure out this problem.  It turns out that while testing, I loaded several Modbus libraries tied to the same Modbus server onto the cRIO.  I think the IO server didn't know which library to use so it threw an error.  This also explains why after I formatted the cRIO is work initially and then stopped working after I started to load more code onto it.

I resolved it by deleting the libraries from the cRIO in NI Distributed System Manager.  Once I deleted all libraries except the 1 under test, communications were restored.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,221 Views)