From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView application for Watlow RMC Temp Controller

Hello,

I'm trying to program the labview to control RMC Watlow ez-zone, through the USB/RS-485 adapter.

in its example (driver downloaded from https://www.watlow.com/products/controllers/software/labview-driver-software ) it can initialize controller, Read and write input parameters. My application have 4 zones, so the controller also have 4 inputs, I want to have a program to read at the same time the input parameters, How can I read 4 thermocouples values from the four analog inputs? Also if I want to change 4 temperature set point how I can do that.

I appreciate your comments or help you can provide me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,473 Views)

Hi CoronaReynosa!

Once you have installed the driver, you can read the 4 inputs using 4 controllers in your LabVIEW code.

Here is an example i just downloaded from Watlow, about how to configure the LabVIEW interface in order to read one input. Now you just have to modify it in order to read the 4 inputs.

Staff Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,418 Views)

Hi Limas

Thanks for your answer and VI you uploaded, unfortunately I have LabView 2015 and I couldn't open the VI. Can you help me saving the file to previous version?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,403 Views)

Hi CoronaReynosa. I attached the folder with the VIs you need.

Im not really sure but I think that if you have installed the driver, there will be some files in you hard drive in C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\instr.lib\Watlow Std Bus\Public

Those files are the same that i am attaching here. I'm telling you this because maybe when you open the file called "Standard Bus LabVIEW Example" a browser will be launched and you will have to select those files in order to open the VI.

Staff Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,395 Views)