From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Relay Program

Hello,
I am looking for relays to power a project of mine. I currently have a LabView NI6009 DAQ system. I would like to put relays in for two circuits- one is 120 VAC less than 1 amp, and the other is 12 VDC at 4 amps. Can you suggest where I can get two relays that can be switched on and off using my DAQ system?  I found these slim spade terminal ones: http://www.mcmaster.com/#general-purpose-relays/=g​4qxj2.  Would these work if I connected them to my DAQ?  Would the NI6009 be able to supply the necessary power?
Thanks,
mtcellar65
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,915 Views)

Hi mtcellar65,

The NI 6009 has an ouput current of 5mA per channel in the AO and 8.5 mA in the DO, so If these relays are 5mA or less, they will work with your daq card. If the relays need more power, you can add a power stage using MOSFET transistors as switches and use an external power supply to get the power you need to operate the relays.

I hope this information will help you,

Regards,

steve.bm
AE | NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,901 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,895 Views)