Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Driver for DG5101

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a function generator Rigol DG5101 model and can not find the driver for labview. I just found the driver for 1k and 4k series.

In the link: http://beyondmeasure.rigoltech.com/acton/attachment/1579/f-01be/1/-/-/-/-/file.vi

There is an example that does not work because it lacks VIs (: such as rgdg5k close.vi etc.), is all that I found.

I'd like to supply a driver such as 1k and 4k series if possible.

My interest is to make a frequency sweep as examples of the other series. I would also like if someone can explain me how to use the example called frequency sweep (attached to series drives 1k and 4k) with the generator DG5101.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26
(4,862 Views)
It would certainly be possible for you to write the driver. You would need the manual. Having the driver for a different model is a big advantage since it gives you a starting point. Post back if you have a specific problem.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(4,837 Views)

I do not know the procedure to create a driver. Do you know any tutorial or something that can help me to create my driver? Or what to do to pass the driver of another instrument of another series to my series?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26
(4,827 Views)
On the instrument driver network main page, there are links to tutorials on driver creation.

On the rigol page for your instrument, there is a link to an IVI driver. You do know that you can use IVI in LabVIEW, don't you?;)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26
(4,823 Views)

Ok, I'm trying to install the IVI driver.On the Rigol website I found a pdf that explains how to install an IVI driver (link of the pdf: http://beyondmeasure.rigoltech.com/acton/attachment/1579/f-01bc/1/-/-/-/-/file.pdf), but in step 4 can not find the option "Tools> Instrumentation> Import LabWindows / CVI Instrument Driver" and IVI driver does not appear in the tools palette.

How I can get it to appear in the tools palette the IVI driver?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(4,807 Views)
Those instructions are old. The import CVI tool was an optional add-on and it is not supported on newer versions of LabVIEW. Just use the regular tool to import a dll. You point to the dll and.h file. You can also use the functions on the IVI class palette. You need to install the IVI Compliance Package. Go to Support at the top of the page and search for that.

IVI requires you to ' fiddle' with the driver a bit in MAX and of course you can't edit the code.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(4,799 Views)

Thanks for the answers.I try to follow the instructions but I can not see the purpose of the IVI driver in the tool palette.

What I do :1-Download and install the attached file (*. msi)
2-I see that in Program Files (x86) \ IVI Foundation \ IVI \ Drivers a folder appears with two files (rgdg5k.fp and rgdg5k.sub) like the other files In this directory.

The problem is I do not know what I'm doing wrong because I can see the default drivers in the tools palette but I can not see my driver in the tools palette.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(4,794 Views)
Until you import the dll, you won't see anything anywhere. The dll import wizard will create a series of VIs that have the Call Library Function Node.

If this is too confusing, write your driver or modify the one for the other model.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26
(4,792 Views)

I don't know how to modify the driver for the other model.

Please, can you explain me how to use the dll import wizard? in fact, I do not know what is the dll file that I have to import.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26
(4,783 Views)