From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KEITHLEY 6514 with GPIB Communicationproblem

Hi,

I want to use a KEITHLEY 6514 Electrometer for a Charge measurement with Labview.
The device is connected over GPIB (Controller: Agilent 82357B) with my Computer.

The Problem is that I have a communication issues with it.

I have installed Keysigth IO Libraries Suite 17.2 Update 2 and it principle worked.
This mean, the device showed up on the Instruments overview and react of written SCPI commands.
As far as good, it worked mostly not every time.

After doing some settings, like enable National Instrument drivers, I go to Labview to control it.
First NI Max doesn't find it. But after some hours on google, I've got a way to reach it.
Means I could sent SCPI commands with the Visa-test panel and get an answer.
Perfect. But as before it worked once in a blue moon.

At least I have an older program which also can use this device. (A measurement program based on delphi)
Once or twice I could initialized the device with it.

But in the last days, no way of communication works.
Keysight and NI Max can sent commands, but gets a timeout on read. (Visa Error Code: 0xBFFF0015)
Keysight shows me only an unknown device on the gpib address.
NI Max shows the address with the "correct name", but I don't rely on this. (Shows the Connection also if I turn it off)
Most times the display shows error -410 Querry interuped.

I must admit that I've never worked before with Labview, gpib or that kind device.
But I have no idea what I cloud do for solving that problem. Above all, it worked some days on one or the other way.

Hopefully, one of you have a good hint for me.
Thanks and with best regards.

Flo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,982 Views)

One of the problems is that you installed the agilent IO libs.

Please uninstall visa and agilent and reinstall visa only and use the tulip passport.

LabVIEW works simplest by using NI software and hardware although it is possible to use the agilent gpib card.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,971 Views)

Hi,

I have a similar problem with Agilent 82357B (USB GPIB) , but problem is when I uninstall Agilent/Keysight I/O suite,  I loose also driver for USB GPIB device.

I didn't find option to install only driver without Library suite.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,614 Views)