Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface a Schneider Electric Zelio SR2 with Labview

Hello,

First off I want to give you a bit of an overview so you know what the PLC/smart relay is doing. The relay as of right now is programmed using the Zelio software to turn on and off switches, motors, and actuators. I want to be able to create an interface for the Zelio so I can see how many operations the program has done without having to go into the test area as well as change output settings. This would all be done serial through the USB cable.

Equipment:

Labview

Schneider Electric Zelio SR2 B201BD

SR2 USB01

Any help on how to connect Labview to the Zelio would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,194 Views)

Hi Collin,

I have taken a look at the LabVIEW driver network, and there doesn't seem to be a ready made driver for this device. In addition, I have looked through the technical documentation on that Zelio and it doesn't appear that there is an external API for that device for serial etc. 

Without an external API it will not be possible to interface external code with that device. If it does take external commands from serial then you could write to it with VISA calls depending on what specific inputs the device should accept. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,153 Views)

Hi Jordans,

Thanks for the reply! I as well could not find any premade Labview drivers. I was also wondering about the OPC, this is a quote I read from their website,

"The NI OPC Servers bridge converts proprietary industrial protocols to the open OPC Classic and OPC Unified Architecture (UA) protocols. This conversion to OPC then enables NI LabVIEW software to communicate to many different programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and third-party devices through the OPC Client that is included with the LabVIEW Datalogging and Supervisory Control (DSC) Module. The combination of NI OPC Servers and LabVIEW provides a single platform for delivering high-performance measurements and control to industrial systems. View a list of the protocol drivers included with NI OPC Servers under the Resources tab."

i'm not quite sure if this would do the trick but if you have any other suggestions or information on OPC that would be great!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,147 Views)