Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

... Instrument IO Assistant is not installed correctly.

The Instrument I/O Assistant (IIOA) requires both NI-488.2 and NI-VISA but is not included with either of these drivers.  It is only included on the NI Device Driver CD (which also includes NI-488.2 and NI-VISA) which does not come with the student edition of LabVIEW.  Do you have the NI Device Driver CD from another source?  If so, you can install the IIOA from the Driver CD after installing LabVIEW.  Updating NI-488.2 and NI-VISA won't affect the compatibility or usability of the IIOA.  The LabVIEW installation actually comes with an IIOA installer (iioa.msi, I think), but running this installer will not properly install the IIOA.  It must be installed from the Device Driver CD.  As for Agilent's VISA, I'm not sure how it will affect the IIOA.  If NI-VISA is installed and working properly the IIOA shouldn't have any incompatibilities with Agilent's VISA.

Message Edited by Robert M on 09-15-2006 08:02 AM

Robert Mortensen
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(2,443 Views)
Thanks Morten
I'm glad it is independant.
greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(2,437 Views)

Me too, I have this problem!

I have't have a solution yet!

--------------------------------
By the great winds I come!
http://blog.sina.com.cn/conanboa
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(2,227 Views)
I have the Student version of LabView and have encountered the same problem as well. The Instrument I/O Assistant is even referenced in the Student Edition handbook! Is there a way to get the Device Driver CD?
Message Edited by Leif 2009 on 04-14-2010 06:34 PM
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,494 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,483 Views)