Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to synchronize a rotational scanner with a pulse laser by using a DAQ card with LabVIEW program.

Hello,

My laser is a pulse laser which turns on and off for 150μs and 50μs respectively and so on. This can be checked by connecting the laser output port with an oscilloscope.

I have a rotational scanner (0-360 deg) which needs to be synchronized with this laser such a way that it rotates 360 degrees within the laser turn-on condition and then stop and so on.

Could you please help to make a program and guide me to buy proper high speed DAQ card if necessary?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Mohammad Sultan Mahmud

Email: ssujann1@yahoo.com

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,918 Views)

One thing to consider is whether you want a form factor of a PCI/PCIe, or whether you want a cDAQ chassis. Another question is what information about the pulses do you want to collect. The different kinds of things you may want to measure are counting the number of pulses that occur, measuring the pulse width, or measuring the frequency. A basic B series would work fine but if you want higher speed then one of our M Series boards is also a good choise. You can peruse our different DAQ products easily at our Products and Services Page for Multifunction Data Acquisition. On the lower left of this page you can select different options for the requirements of your project. The NI PCI-6225 seems like a nice fit for what you described, but you can navigate through the product page to see what trade offs are available to find the perfect fit for you.

- Regards,

Beutlich
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,907 Views)

Is this even possible in relation to physics? Are you using an air or magnetic bearing for the scanner?

You want to rotate the scanner one revolution in 150us+50us = 200us? This is 5000Hz or 300,000 rpm equivalent.

It was not clear if you want the scanner to start and stop with zero velocity every cycle. That would require instantaneous acceleration and deceleration to keep the velocity constant in the scan period.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,904 Views)