From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control Andor Camera

Hello!

I wanna ask help on how I can control the CCD camera through Labview. The model of the CCD is DF887 and I already installed the Andor software for the camera and it's already okay. The software can detect the camera and we can actually get some background signal. However, my Professor wanted me to control the CCD camera via Labview and I am not sure how to do that. Can anyone help me, please? This would be a very big help for my research.

Also, my Labview version is 2015, 64-bit. My Andor Solis (the software for the camera) is also 64-bit. We also use the DM Tube and the model is DM 80-40.

Thank you so much!

Mae

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(8,589 Views)
you have to install vision toolkit and imaqdx
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(8,561 Views)

hi! Is that really a requirement? installing those two? because we have example programs. one example there is how to cool the andor camera and it worked for us. the temperature changed. but other than that, i think the other programs didn't work. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(8,543 Views)
so attach your vi please
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(8,539 Views)

Hello, these are the sample VIs that are installed when I installed Andor Solis to our computer. Is this imaqdx a software or something? is it like an add-on that i can download and then i can use it? or do I need a hardware to connect to my computer? i saw from the labview tutorials that when you're gonna have data acquisition, you really need the data acquisition thingy in order to do that but they have some sort of external instrument to use it. i'm sorry for my many questions, i just really want to understand this.

thank you so much for your help!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(8,525 Views)

Hey! did you figure out how to communicate with the camera? 

I'm having a similar problem with an Andor Ixon Ultra camera.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,938 Views)