Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB USB HS

Dear

I am trying to use NI GPIB USB HS to control keithley 6487. When I use Measurments and Autmation Explorer, It sees the keithley and takes control. But when I use the Tools /Instrumantation/ Find instrument driver (in labviwe windwo), it tells me no connected instrument driver detected. I attach captures for both.  I am writing a code using ke485 driver but it does not communicate with the instrument. Any idea what I missed. I am using LabView 2010 evaluation edition. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,508 Views)
What error message do you get when you use the driver?
Message 2 of 9
(5,497 Views)

I have not completed the code. I used the init (intiat ) subVI. It runs but does with no errors bu does not take control of the keithley.  I know it not reasnable to try the code without write and read commands but being not able to detect the instrument is the cause of my concern.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,493 Views)
The init function should return the result from an id query. What do you see when you probe the returned string? What sort of control of the instrument do you expect from the init? Are you sure the 485 driver can be used with your model?

I've never used that list connected instruments. Finding the instrument in MAX is enough.
Message 4 of 9
(5,488 Views)

MAX detected the instrument just fine and correctly parsed the *IDN? response.  the find instrunet driver wizzard looks for instruments that have a corresponding LabVIEW Plug-n-Play (Project style) driver by comparing the MAX known device list with a database built up from the xml files required to meet the LabVIEW Plug-n-Play (Project style) driver requirements for certification.  There is no such Certified LabVIEW driver for the 648x series.  There are IVI-C drivers on the instrument driver network.  You already seem to have them.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 5 of 9
(5,468 Views)

Thank you Dennis and Jeff for you relpayies 

Now I can communicate with the keithley. I can see remote (RM) sign on the keithley mentour. But I flashes error 113 and no real reading can be taken. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,370 Views)
That's an instrument specific error. Your manual will provide the explanation.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,359 Views)

I went back to squer 1. the softwaer the code does not comunicated with instrument at all. Once before the code take control but error massage appears on the instrument but I can not get this stage again although trying many times

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,330 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,321 Views)