Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB-USB-A driver

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'd like to download the driver for a GPIB-USB-A interface but I'm having trouble figuring out how to contact NI, and I'm unable to initiate a support request as it requires me to have a service program membership.  Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,020 Views)

All device drivers can be downloaded from NI website. For your GPIB device, you would need ni 488.2 driver and probably VISA driver.

If you're new to NI devices, do you know how you're going to use this device? like do you have a third-party application that requires this USB-GPIB or you're developing from scratch?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,996 Views)

From what I can gather the -A model only works with 488.2 version 1 through 2.2.  Driver versions prior to 17 have been removed from the site in response to the counterfeit market.  I know my device to be a genuine article so it's a little frustrating.

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019MGXSA2&l=en-US

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019QOfSAM&l=en-US

I want to use Labview to control my Keithley 2015 and produce THD+N and frequency response plots, etc.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,991 Views)

In that case, a workaround is to download the full device drivers image that contains the required version of 488.2 and install just the 488.2 you need and ignore the rest.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,987 Views)

Sounds easy enough, but where do I find that?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,984 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ClassicAudioTech

http://download.ni.com/support/gpib/Win-Me-98-2000/ni488222/

But note that that driver only is tested for Windows 2000. Newer versions likely might have problems to install, and if you have a 64-bit Windows installation, you can definitely forget it. 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,947 Views)

Thank you kindly for the link.  I have an older PC with windows XP that should be suitable.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,935 Views)

Windows 10 64 bit are required!!

I have Windows 8 32 bit!!!

Help!!

Mark Logue

Portland Oregon

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,753 Views)

@Mark333 wrote:

Windows 10 64 bit are required!!

I have Windows 8 32 bit!!!

This hardware is EOL since a long time. The latest NI-488.2 driver that supports it is version 2.2. The latest OS that driver officially supports is Windows XP. The first NI-488.2 driver supporting 64-bit OSes was supposedly version 14.0.

What Version of NI-488.2 Supports the GPIB-USB-A?

There is definitely not going to be a new driver ever for it and 64-bit support is therefore not an option.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,745 Views)