Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when connecting a power source

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to connect a HMP4030 (fitted with a HAMEG HO720 interface card) power source by Rohde & Schwarz through the NI VISA interface via C++ through USB. I have installed all the correct drivers and the device shows up in the device manager and in the COM ports section of the Windows 10 Device Manager. The device is also detected by the NI VISA MAX application with resource name "ASRL7::INSTR". Also the port settings on the MAX application match the port settings in the device manager, so I assume the PC recognizes the device and reads out its settings correctly. I can't connect through Visual Studio either, because I'm not sure about the resource name to input for initialisation of the device (I've tried following the protocol in the added manual, but no success) .

When I open a VISA test panel on MAX, it reads out all the attributes, except the 'Is Port Connected' one:

VI_ATTR_ASRL_CONNECTED : 

Error VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF001D) The specified attribute is not defined or supported by the referenced resource.

I can't send SCPI commands through Input/Output either.

I have also tried the HMExplorer, which is a program of the device itself, and it detects the device but says it cannot connect...

Am I missing something or doing something wrong? 

Please let me know if you need more information to answer this question.

Best regards,

Dorian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,261 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Appeldorian

The problem has been resolved. It was something specific to the device, so it probably won't help anyone if I put the solution here. If anyone encounters the same problem with the same machine, feel free to ask for the solution.

Best regards,

Dorian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,240 Views)

I experienced the same problem.  Can you help?

What did you do to fix the problem?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,721 Views)