Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1074135030 and hyper-terminal failure while communicating with the power supply

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Denis,

Thanks for your input. Yes you are right, it says its for a DC850W but in fact it is for XG and XTR series, I checked with the costomer service, in addition , they told me it supports RS232. I have the full version of labview and I have IVI compleance package installed on my PC, but I follow you suggestion about other model drivers modifying.

BTW, that is the company site, sorenson. ( they used different trade names for their products: Ametex, sorenson, xantrex,...) 

Thx,

Ela 

Message Edited by elahetal on 03-30-2010 09:56 AM
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 48
(3,350 Views)

I checked with the company and they confirmed that drivers is for my model and it supports both GPIB and RS232, any body have any idea that gives me a start point to find what is the problem with ?

thanks,

Ela 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 48
(3,344 Views)

Hey , I solved that error, my next problem is about error 1073807339 that relates to time out error. I know how to solve this problem when working with visa but in this case that I do not using visa , I have no idea, any comment on this error?

The point is that, this error comes up even when I want to write a value to the port and I do not have any read task! 

Message Edited by elahetal on 03-30-2010 08:06 PM
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 48
(3,325 Views)

the error happens at "DC850W measure" in the attached VI.

Message Edited by elahetal on 03-30-2010 08:30 PM
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 48
(3,321 Views)

Of course you are using VISA. That is what IVI uses.

If you get a timeout error on a write, check to see how the handshaking is set and that you have the correct wiring if using hardware handshaking.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 48
(3,305 Views)

Hi elahetal

did you get your problem solved?

saw your message on an old thread of mine, I have to say it was kind of tricky to get the XTR150 working.

I believe I have seen the error on the measure command. I'm not currently using labview with the driver but TestStand.

I can't get your VI open I have only lv 8.5 installed.

here's some notes to check for you:

using directly the DLL XanXTR_32.dll I had to initialise with these parameters

"XanXTR_InitWithOptions"

-IDQuery = 1

-resetDevice = 1 (you might not want a reset but I found that it worked better that way)

-optionString = "Simulate=0,DriverSetup=MCHADDR:1" (if driverSetup is not used Measure will not work)

-put newVi to a decimal control named VI (its your instrument handle that IVI uses)

****TO GET MEASURE

"XanXTR_Measure"

-vi=VI

-channelName="a" (lowercase, otherwise it doesn't work)

-measurementType = 1 (for voltage)

-measurement = the output

if using the IVI DCpwr in labview you must set Driver Setup to MCADDR:1 in MAX>>IVI drivers>>Driver Sessions>>xanxtr

give me a heads up of your progress if you get any further.

Richard

Richard Aubin
Certified LabView Associate Developer
richard.aubin@agcocorp.com
Message 16 of 48
(3,247 Views)

Thanks Richards,

I was disappointed with the device, I left it aside!! I am going to try it again according to your guides in early days of next week and keep you posted. I hope you can give me a help, even the Xantrex costomer service couldn't.

Thanks,

Ela 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 48
(3,244 Views)

Hello Richard,

I followed the instructions you gave me.

A very important point is that I can not find the xanXTR in driver session. Do I need to do any adjustment to see that???

you mentioned that " put newVi to a decimal control named VI (its your instrument handle that IVI uses) " could you please describe me what should I do ? 

Thanks a lot,

Ela 

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 48
(3,187 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author elahetal

Hi Ela,

the XanXtr I am mentionning is the xtr100-8.5 driver that is on NI site but no longer maintained at : http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=3DA42BCAA73354D1E04400144F1EF8...

you'd need to install it to see it in the driver session, I haven't tried the XT driver that would seem to be compatible with the xtr.

I've got a feeling the newer version comes from that older xtr driver, from what I can see in the problems your having I've seen similar with the XanXTR driver.

as for the newVi to decimal control, I'm just saying to connect the... hum, the ivitools in teststand aren't similar to the ones in labview. Let me some time to do a working labview vi that I will send out shortly. I was getting an driver C handle from the ivitools and using it later to configure specific driver attributes specifically to do such thing as se current limit, enable power, etc. I belive in the Labview ivi they are advanced iviDcPwr configuration.

I'm going to try reproducing a simple teststand sequence into labview and I will send out the VI in a few days if you don't mind the delay

-Richard

Richard Aubin
Certified LabView Associate Developer
richard.aubin@agcocorp.com
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 48
(3,165 Views)
Thanks a lot Richard, I appreciate your help.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 48
(3,161 Views)