From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have a vi for GPIB control of a Philips/Fluke PM6671?

Hi, I recently got given an old Philips PM6671 counter/timer, but no manual. It has the PM9696 GPIB module and I have managed to use VISA tools to communicate with it to receive data, but when it is connected to a PC the settings on the instrument aren't configurable, as they are remotely controlled. They are set to a strange default, which times out when trying to count very long time periods (of the order of minutes between pulses).

Unfortunately I don't know any of the commands to change settings, and trying to use other vi's like the PM6666 and PM6681 have failed. Can anyone help? Either a vi, or some instructions for the GPIB comms in the PM6671 would be great.

Thanks, jparkin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,668 Views)

what went wrong when using the other drivers?

did you uncheck the check for the correct machine?

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,648 Views)

Hello jparkin,

There are some great troubleshooting steps in the Instrument Driver Troubleshooting Guide.

Cheers,

NathanT

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,636 Views)

I have the GPIB manual for the PM6671 if you are still interested. Feel free to write to me at dfiorijr@anamir.com.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,400 Views)

I have the GPIB manual for the PM6671. Email me at dfiorijr@anamir.com if you are still interested.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,399 Views)