From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMM incorrect voltage reading

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to read voltage with DMM and LabView.

I installed the driver for DMM and If I run one of examples, I get the correct  value ( -0, 000010V)

But If I run another script, the voltage is incorrect, it measures something between -1 and -6 V.

But if I do the same thing with another PC, this script works properly and measures the same value as example vi. So the script should be fine but why it doesn't work on different PC

I don't know if it is driver issue or something else or maybe just settings are wrong

Is there anything that I can try to understand and solve this problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,294 Views)

What DMM are you using?  What is the difference between the two PCs?  How are you communicating with the DMM (Ethernet, GPIB, RS-232, etc)?  What example are you using?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,273 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author phywer

Thanks crossrulz. 

But I found out that the problem was localized decimal separator ", "  which is the difference betweend the two PCs.

for example:

Input= 5,123556 V => "Fract/Exp String To Number Function" => Output = 5,00000V

So I changed it and it is " . " now and it works.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,202 Views)