Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DI COM IO:recv DI Read Error.....

This is the error code i get when i my VI. Any suggestions? I have only one COM port.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,973 Views)
Your topic has part of an error message but not an error code. What is the actual code? Your VI is also missing some subVIs (Standard Error Cluster Pause, Standard Error Cluster Build, DI Global Variables). These old and obsolete serial functions you are using require you to use port 0 for Com1, port 1 for Com2, etc. so I hope you have that right but I can't tell from your program. You should be using the VISA serial functions, imho. It would certainly make your progam simpler. It makes picking the com port easier as well since you use the 'Comx' alias.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,970 Views)
This is the VI i am trying to run. It was done on another system .I have to make it work ...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,967 Views)
Error Code is 1073807343...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,962 Views)
In case you don't know, that error code means " Insufficient location information or the device or resource is not present in the system.". You are probably specifying the wrong serial port or you really don't have a serial port at all. Open MAX (Measurement & Automation Explorer) and see what is listed under Devices & Interfaces. You can also use Windows Device Manager to see what com ports there are and what the names of them are. Also, as I mentioned, you did not post the global that contains the port number that the VI is using. Open the global and read it or probe the input to your serial write or read and determine what the port number actually is.

p.s. Attaching a VI with even more missing subVIs doesn't help. You have to understand something really basic about LabVIEW. A VI is a separate file on the disk. Each subVI is also a separate file. When you attach a single VI to this forum, all that does is attach that single file and does not include any subVIs that you have written. In order to attach a VI in the correct manner when it uses subVIs (not builti-in LabVIEW functions), is to create an application distribution. In your version of LabVIEW, that is done by going to the file menu and selecting Save With Options and selecting Development Distribution. This will create an llb (LabVIEW library) file. You attach the llb.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,954 Views)