Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Jennic microprocessor via VISA

Hi guys, 

I need your help. 

I have a device who is consist of the probe and the dongle (USB device). Dongle has got a Jennic wireless microprocessor with a firmware. This devices communicate together through the python script, but I would like to create a new program and control this devices via LabVIEW - VISA. When I put dongle into the USB port I can see ASRL5::INSTR "COM5". How can I send some command to the Jennic via Labview - VISA? I have tried to send *IDN?\r\n, but nothing happened. 

Mybe it would be quite problem because I did not program the python script. 

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,004 Views)

1. Only some standard instruments support *IDN?.
2. You need to know its protocol in order to send a command directly. This need to check with Jennic.
3. https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-21687 seems to be your best hope.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,995 Views)

Check the python script and look at the commands it sends to the Jennic. Try sending those commands from VISA and see what happens.

Regards

Luis J.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,964 Views)

I tried, but the problem is that python scipt is consist of many subprograms so, I don´t know which one is the main pogram. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,952 Views)

To repeat - check with jennic. The vendor should have documentation available on how to communicate without using a python script. What sort of manual do you have? Can you attach it? You're not going to get much help if you don't provide more information. You haven't even provided the python script to see if someone can translate that.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,944 Views)