Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Lost using USB to Serial adapter

Hi, I recently bought two Vitrek Tester, a V61 and V60 and I am doing Hipot tests on DUTs.

Here is the strange thing, I am using two Vitrek Hipot testers to check on different parts. The two are connected via a serial port. The first to the serial port on the PC and the other one is using the USB-Serial adapter.

The conditions that I am getting are:

1. When the tests pass without a DUT I get no error.

2. When the tests failed on purpose without a DUT I get no error.

3. When the tests failed with a short withouth a DUT I get no error.

4. When I put a DUT and it fails the tests I get the error of the los conection only on the Vitrek that is conected via the USB Serial adapter.

5. When I put a DUT and it passes I also get the error only on the Vitrek with the adapter.

I am using Labview to controll the testers and I get a "serial connection lost" error, that I would expect when the test fails withouth a part.

I saw a solution on another forum that said:

+++++

In order to work around a serial device that doesn't support the Windows flush command try inserting a VISA Set I/O Buffer Size VI directly after the VISA Open for any COM port. Please make sure that you set the mask to 48 and the size to at least 4k or the maximum number of bytes that you will ever write or read. That should cause the VISA Writes to not call the Windows flush command and allow the writes to execute without problems if my assumptions are correct.

+++++

But I am using a intrument wizard to conect to the devices and a Intialize COM port VI on a "Initialize" Step I have.  Any suggestions????

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,623 Views)

Hi Hector,

It seems that your problem is exactly the one described on the forum you attached, so basically you need to implement the solution they give.

So, Could you attach your VIs so I can get an idea on how exactly you are calling your device and try to find out a way to implement the proposed solution?

Salvador Mikel
National Instruments
Ingeniería de Aplicaciones
www.ni.com/soporte
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,499 Views)