From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Spectrum Analyzer RSA306 to LabView

Hello,

I am trying create a VI that connects a Tektronix RSA306 (via USB) to my PC, for the purpose of feeding in and correlating data on my PC. 

I have downloaded the Tektronix DLL driver, but I cannot find the correct blocks to 'initialize' my spectrum analyzer for the connection in LV. I have looked online for possible examples using a physical spectrum analyzer but no luck yet. How can I initialize it?

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,865 Views)

The driver you downloaded was specific for that device or was a general Tektronix DLL driver? How did you install that? You already had LabVIEW and just added the DLL or did you install everything at the time and if so, in which order? Connection on both ends is via USB? Have you been able to detect and see the device on the Windows Device Manager, for example?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,805 Views)

Hi, 

Thanks for the response.

I already had LabVIEW - I then downloaded the Tektronix DLL driver specifically for the RSA306. It should be both USB connections. I am trying to do as much of the program as I can prior to bringing the device in to see if it is feasible to use LabVIEW with it or not.

I'm mainly struggling with creating the program blocks for this device as it is not an NI native device, so my understanding is that it must be linked to the DLL in the code..?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,789 Views)

Can you share a link to the page of what you downloaded? There should be some drivers that include an API for that instrument that you can add to LabVIEW and use to program there. If not, it can get a little bit more complicated.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,776 Views)

Of course, here is where I got it from: https://www.tek.com/model/rsa306-software

I believe it is an API. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,771 Views)

Check this document and this tektronix forum.

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,762 Views)