Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication GPIB with CWInstr.ocx

I am coding an application to communicate with instruments trough Rs232 serial and Gpib, in delphi under windows xp.
So I am using the activeX CWInstr.ocx, which gives the possibility to use CWSerial and CWGpib.
During the run step-by-step of the application, the serial port manage to initialise without any problem, but the program crashs when the function "configure" is called on the CWGpib item.

The error message is:

the_name_of_my_exe.exe
R6030
CRT not initialized

Do someone has any idea what the problem is?

I am coding an application to communicate with instruments trough Rs232 serial and Gpib, in delphi under windows xp.
So I am using the activeX CWInstr.ocx, which gives the possibility to use CWSerial and CWGpib.
During the run step-by-step of the application, the serial port manage to initialise without any problem, but the program crashs when the function "configure" is called on the CWGpib item.

The error message is:

the_name_of_my_exe.exe
R6030
CRT not initialized

Jules

The error message is:

the_name_of_my_exe.exe
R6030
CRT not initialized

Jules

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,360 Views)

Hi,

This error message is a Microsoft VisualC++ Run Time error. So, what's your 488.2 driver version because the version NI-488.2 v2.2.7.3 leads to this error message? I recommend to install NI-488.2 v2.4 and test your application.

Sincerely

David S.| Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,283 Views)

Thank you for your answer.

Actually, i am using delphi 4, which is quite old.

To be able to communicate trough Gpib link, I had to use the wrapper of the dll gpib-32.dll that I found on NI website.

It was the only way I manage to make it work.

Thank you for your answer.

Actually, i am using delphi 4, which is quite old.

To be able to communicate trough Gpib link, I had to use the wrapper of the dll gpib-32.dll that I found on NI website.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,225 Views)