Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code for FAST 2

You can just delete the sub-VI; SR830s respond to remote queries irrespective of whether the front panel is in remote mode or not. If you make that change and put probes on the data buffer and error outputs of the VISA Read command after the *IDN? query, what do you get?Are there any errors, and do you get the proper identity string? The front-panel indicator will report an error because it's testing for the presence of the 34401, so that's why you need to probe the wires directly.

0 Kudos
Message 71 of 91
(1,286 Views)
As I already said, the only thing you need is the VISA property node. No subVI, no setting of the handshaking. Your previous version looked correct. Did you try that with I/O Trace?
0 Kudos
Message 72 of 91
(1,282 Views)

Pls find the current Initialise Vi snap attached.

I enabled ID query but it throws error,u can find in attachment.

Whenever the ID Query is enabled,the EC throws error.

0 Kudos
Message 73 of 91
(1,279 Views)

By default 'Termination Character Enable' is false, and hence the read will continue until the timeout occurs. Try adding another row to that property node, set it to Write and choose Message Settings->TermChar Enable, and then wire in a True boolean constant. 

0 Kudos
Message 74 of 91
(1,252 Views)

I did the changes suggested by u but still the Read fails and the EC also throws error.

I tried changing the no. of bytes read to 25,it was not throwing error but even then EC was giving error.

0 Kudos
Message 75 of 91
(1,248 Views)
The commands *ID* and *IDN* are not correct and you should receive a timeout when you send those.
0 Kudos
Message 76 of 91
(1,198 Views)

I used IDN only,N is not seen in snap i attached.

0 Kudos
Message 77 of 91
(1,197 Views)
The correct command is *IDN? and that is NOT shown.
0 Kudos
Message 78 of 91
(1,188 Views)

Yes,i  knew it and i used *IDN? only.The snap shows*ID*(N?)are not shown.

0 Kudos
Message 79 of 91
(1,183 Views)
Sorry, you are right.
0 Kudos
Message 80 of 91
(1,166 Views)