Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcoder reader interface with labview

Solved!
Go to solution

i have Honeywell Barcode Reader Model No:-1450 with usb interface.How i can proceed with labview to program it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,676 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Risuraj

use it as keyboard input.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,638 Views)

can u share any sample code.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,618 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Risuraj

If you had a reader that simulates a serial interface I could, but the problem with most usb versions is that they really are adding to the keyboard entry. So reading the keyboard via the NI-functions in LabVIEW is best you can do.

You find the keyboard vi's under connectivity/input device control/initialize keyboard.vi

Or press ctrl-space, type keyboard, enter and see what you have.

an example is (on my system) C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2018\examples\Connectivity\Input Device Control\Monitoring Keyboard and Mouse Activity.vi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,614 Views)

I have attached the technical specification.where USB,keyboard wedge,RS-232,Rs-485 all four are available.so,from which i can easily proceed with labview.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,451 Views)

i can configure my barcode to usb serial emulation mode.then how to implement the program in labview.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,371 Views)

Hi

If the barcode reader acts as a serial port, you can use VISA to read characters from the port. An example is the "Simple Serial,vi".

I have a modified example attached in LV 2018. Because you only have to listen to the serial line and detect a barcode.

Probably a CR or LF is used as the end character or maybe both.

In my example I expect a LF. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,226 Views)