Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent 8114a

Hello,

I downloaded the Agilent 8114a driver from the NI Website for programming it in LABVIEW.

I found there is this "Configure Voltage vi" in which there is the option of Voltage Baseline as shown below.

image.png

I really need to use this Baseline option to set my voltage base. But I dont understand where to find and install this "Option 001" to use this Voltage Baseline option. 

It would be great if you guys can give a quick response. I have an urgent deadline. 

Thank You for your time.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,992 Views)

Option 001 is a hardware option provided by Agilent when you bought the pulse generator.  Either you have option 001 and the right hardware, or you can't adjust the baseline voltage.  This is not something that can be fixed in software by LabVIEW.  See this article - https://www.keysight.com/main/editorial.jspx?cc=MY&lc=eng&ckey=1155706&nid=-11143.0.00&id=1155706

Easiest way is to turn your Agilent 8114a on, use the front panel to try to change the baseline offset manually in setup.  If you can do it manually, then you have option 001 and it should work in software. I've used the driver to do this many times.

If you can't access the baseline offset from the front panel, then option 001 is not installed.  As recently as 8 years ago I sent an 8114a back for service and had option 001 added to it, but I see now that Keysight lists the 8114a as obsolete so they might not offer upgrades anymore.  Still worth calling to see if they offer it.

Good luck!

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,946 Views)