Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

86100A Distorted Waveform when using example VI

Hi,

I am doing summer research as an undergrad student, and am not very experienced with LabVIEW.

I am trying to use LabVIEW to pull a waveform from an Agilent infiniium DCA 86100A Wide-Bandwidth Oscilloscope. I have an Agilent 8133A Pulse Generator hooked up for an example square wave signal. I just want to get a correct signal from my Oscilloscope to LabVIEW before I proceed to anything more complicated in my project.

I am using the example VI provided in the 86100A driver package titled Agilent 86100 Series Transfer Current Waveform.vi which is the only one that will work at all, at the moment. The waveform that I get is very distorted though. On my oscilloscope, over a time period of 5 nanoseconds, I have 3 peaks and 3 troughs of a square wave. In LabVIEW, over the same time period, it is a very rapid oscillation, and I don't understand the y-axis units. On the oscilloscope, the signal is going from -0.1 V to 0.1V, yet LabVIEW shows the signal going between 15 and 24.

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,347 Views)

Hi,

What frequency signal are you generating from the pulse generator? Does reducing that frequency make the signal more read-able in LabVIEW?

Also, could it be that LabVIEW is reading the signal properly but the graph is not displaying it as expected? You could try turning Auto-Scaling off for the y axis and then just scaling it according to what you would expect the signal to be.

You could also try using one of the other examples like "Agilent 86100 Series Acquire Waveform Continuously.vi". This uses the Read Waveform funtion which is a little more abstracted than the Fetch Waveform function used in "Agilent 86100 Series Transfer Current Waveform.vi" example.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,299 Views)

hello

I would like to ask if you have solved this problem, I had the same problem when using the example

请大家帮忙看看问题所在
ask your help to slove problem
可以加私聊要联系方式,以便及时沟通
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(878 Views)