Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duplicate module plug-in

I get Duplicate module plug-in error message when deploying digital I/O  module in to the chassis. This halts LabVIEW and it needs to be closed/shut down from Windows task manager.

- I'm running cRIO in hybrid mode, both scan engine and fpga interface are active.

- CS-cRIO-PB_DP(FPGA.vi is modified example from Comsoft. I needed to rebuild methods that were different between PROFIBUS modules PBMS and PBM20. Example is originally written for module type PBMS. I also tried to remove or rebuild all dependencies to PBMS module in the original example.vi.

- I have tried to deploy DI module when Profibus is module physically removed from the chassis.

- I have tried to undeploy and deploy DI module (shared variables).

- I have tried to rebuild FGPA code.

System configuration:

Win7

LabVIEW 2013

cRIO 9074 + Profibus Master/Slave module (PBM20)

Comsoft Configurator II version 1.1.10

cRIO BP 2.0 beta

Everything worked well until I added a new digital channel (shared variable) to be read from DI module. After this this error occured again.. I have had this error before while developing this project but It disappeared during the process..

I dont know how to resolve this conflict.. please, help.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,598 Views)

Did you upgrade from the beta driver? 

In short, this is because you have a beta driver, we have released the actual driver on ni.com/drivers: http://www.ni.com/download/ni-profibus-for-crio-2.0/4555/en/

To fix this: 

1) Un-install everything comsoft related from the control panel. 

2) make sure there are no CS_cROPBxx folders in:C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\Targets\NI\FPGA\cRIO\other. If there are delete them.

There are duplicate definition of the module in that folder currently, which is why you are getting the error. 

3) Re-install the driver. 

If you know how you got to this bad state I would like to know. Even though we changed several things during the beta, the installers shouldn't let you get multiple modules. 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,591 Views)

This seems to solve the problem. I removed beta driver and all previous Comsoft software and reinstalled cRIO Profibus 2.0.1 package.

Previously my cRIO profibus module was automatically identified as PBM20 type, but after installing new driver package it is identified as PBMS.

I copied CS-cRIO-PB_DP-MasterExample(fpga).vi and all DP subVI's to my project. I'm currently building FPGA specification.

Hope this works..

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,582 Views)

Problem solved.

I also needed to import FPGA reference (strict type def) to my project and configure it similarly as in MasterExample(Host).vi

Thank you..

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,570 Views)