Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC SIMATIC s7-300 with adaptater MPI-USB under Labview

Hello everybody

I'm trying to connect a SIEMENS SIMATIC S7-300 directly to my PC ( without using a profibus card ) , so I'd like to know if some one think it's possible to use a MPI-USB adapter for that knowing that I use Labview to program my S7-300.

Thanks ! .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(21,021 Views)
Hi,

If you find the converter Profibus-USB, you will be able to communicate with it by VISA but I do not think it is the easiest solution.

Besides, the best way is to use a profibus boards (applicom for example) which have drivers for LabVIEW.

That's all I know about that... I 've never done it !
Regards

DD

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(21,006 Views)
Thank you so much for your answer !

I let you know that I'm not doing that for my personal purpose ; my boss used to use applicom boards for that but He find it too expensive , as I'm here for my training period ; He gave me the job of finding out a solution less expensive to make a profibus network ( so without use of any board .....) .That's why I use MPI-PC adapter .

If you have more information , don't hesitate to give me please !

Have a good week !
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(21,003 Views)
I found your question on the internet and am curious if you found a cheap solution for profibus connection. Please let me know; perhaps I can help you with something else regarding plc's.
Regards,
jan
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(19,775 Views)
Deltalogic provides several low-cost S7 adapters (MPI-Adapter, MPI-Adapter-USB, HMI-Adapter,...) and appropriate LabVIEW drivers. If you can't understand German you should send them an email.
Here is the email-address for sales related questions: vertrieb@deltalogic.de

If you are looking for a high-performance solution you should have a look at the Profibus boards from Comsoft. Comsoft provides a native LabVIEW driver for their boards that runs on Windows and LabVIEW Real-Time systems.

Best regards,

Jochen Klier
National Instruments Germany
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(19,771 Views)