Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frontpanel VI event to trigger SubVI event structure.

Hi All,

I think this is a basic labview coding question. Since I'm relatively new to LabView coding (and coding in general) I seem to get stuck and create horrible design patterns. 

Situation:

I have a couple of frequency drive that I can control through modbus. For these drives I have build a sort of state machine control VI. The drive has 3 states (switched on, enabled and faulted). This VI has 4 controls (stop, enable, reset fault and ref speed) and 3 indicators (enabled (bool), faulted (bool) and actual speed (real)). These indicators and controls are defined in 1 typedef (not sure if this is smart). This SubVI works as intended. With an event structure one of the ChangeStateVi's is called. This VI is waiting on a start, stop or reset fault event or a general 100ms timeout. So far so good.

Goal:

I have a top level VI with a tap control. Within this tap control I would like to show these 4 controls and 3 indicators (for a total of 4 drives) with minimal coding. I would like the subvi to update the indicators every 100 ms or every event. I would like the subvi to react to any top level via button value change event.

How could this be achieved? Or is there a much better way to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,814 Views)