Industrial Communications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANYBUS COMMUNICATOR

Hi,

These are the hardware used in the application

1. Anybus communicator -Profibus DP Interface AB 7000 (Profibus slave device)

2. Profibus-DP Master Simulator PDPV1 -SIM (Profibus- RS 232 converter)

3.Serial to USB Converter DELTACO (RS 232 - USB converter)

The data from profibus slave is obtained in computer using the Profibus Master Simulator (make - Anybus ).

Can the data be obtained in LabVIEW?without any additional hardwares?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,381 Views)

here is the wiring diagram of the set up.....any help

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,291 Views)

It looks like you only need to worry about the data after goes through the RS232 to USB converter. 

Does the software you are using on the host PC have any API you can call? alternately is there a driver for the RS232 to usb dongle? If not I think you might not have the best hardware for this setup. 

Alternately, you could get a PCI profibus card and just remove the RS232 to usb hardware and software completely. 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,286 Views)

hi..

The data is shown in Profibus master simulator software that runs on computer.i hope there is no requirement of additional hardwares.Through COM port the profibus master simulator is obtaining data from profibus slave.it would be helpful if i get the QUERY-RESPONSE message structure of profibus. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,273 Views)

Hi sajeesh, 

You can get the profibus specification from the profibus organization. I don't think it will help you in this case. I would look for an api to read data from the PROFIBUS MASTER SIMULATOR, perhaps calling the vendor would be a good step, and plan on getting different hardware if there is no api. 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,259 Views)

Hi Mr Jesse Dennis

I hope there is no dependency between LABVIEW and PROFIBUS MASTER SIMULATOR software that runs on the computer.Like the MODBUS Library in labview why Library for PROFIBUS not there?according to my knowledge profibus works on QUERY -RESPONSE method.It would be helpful if i get how profibus master and slave device communicates in depth,its query -response structure,initilization etc.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(7,252 Views)

Hi sajeesh, 

The DP specification is here. It is more complex than modbus and I am not sure it will help you get a working solution. 

Our profibus driver only works with our profibus hardware. That is different from the modbus library, which can run over standard serial. 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(7,245 Views)