From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 5004 when trying to use the Read VI for ultrasonic distance sensor on Raspberry Pi

Hello!
I am trying to use LINX (on LabView 2014 32 bit version) to read distance from HC-SR04 ultrasonic sensor that is on a Raspberry Pi 3B. I am able to connect to the RPi and run the Blink example.
I have followed this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlbw9MDr6OM&list=PLuzyRQYQpuVgdtuz64nKeUy6V5ygw4Wuk&index=4&ab_chann...

and ended up with the following VI and error.

1.JPG2.JPG

I should mention I followed the advice in the video and changed the Read.VI by adding an Active High control to the Stimulus Pulse (tried with and without this modification).
Also, I am able to read distance from the sensor on the RPi with a Python script, so that works.

I've tried using LabView Community edition 2020 but I couldn't even connect to the RPi.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,675 Views)

Did you get this figure out? I'm running into the same problem.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,129 Views)

Where you ever able to get the ultrasonic distance sensor on Raspberry Pi working using LabVIEW LINX?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(577 Views)