High-Speed Digitizers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get the boolean shared variable's control by data acquisition's cycle?

I have a PXI-5105 with 512 MB memory. My task is height pulse analyzer through 8 PMT at the same time. I don't understand how can I get the boolean shared variable's control by data acquisition's cycle in my task?     I'd like to start cycle by up boolean shared variable and stop cycle by the down boolean variable or stop data acquisition cycle by time (elapsed from start cycle's time).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,021 Views)

Hi Current 93,

The eight lines on the 5105 use the same clock, so there is no extra effort required to synchronize the channels. 

Why do you need to use shared variables for your scope task, are you controlling the scope from another VI or application?  Do you simply need to have an on/off button for your scope?  If so you should be able to modify an example to do this.  I usually start with the following example for Scope programming:

Help >> Find Examples... >> Hardware Input and Output >> Modular Instruments >> NI-Scope >>  Demos >> ni Scope EX Configured Acquisition.vi

There are a number of ways to implement an on/off switch--one way would be to put the entire scope task into a state machine, and use the switch to change between states.  You could do this with shared variables if you needed to as well.

-John 

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,009 Views)

Thank you for your fast reply. I'm going to control the scope by the only one VI, in other words one VI in such will be two loops. One loop is for determining a condition for start the scope in other loop (the condition is boolean shared variable or local).  Other loop is intended for the scope data acquisition.   I found the "ni Scope EX Configured Acquisition.vi" and try to do something now.       "5105" control's theme is new for me... 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,002 Views)