Hardware Developers Community - NI sbRIO & SOM

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my Host Memory Buffer work improperly if I download the bitfile to 9607 through FPGA Host Interface?

Hi,

I'm trying to take advantage of Host Memory Buffer (HMB) to store some of my large temporary data in my FPGA algorithm. However, I'm running into a weird situation.

1. If I run my FPGA VI interactively, the HMB seems to work fine.

2. If I explicitly download the bitfile through Host Interface VI, it seems that the HMB is blocked and work improperly.

3. If I run my FPGA VI interactively and use the Host Interface to communicate with the bitfile without explicitly downloading the bitfile again, it seems the HMB work properly.

In my application, of course, #2 above is the only scenario. I'm wondering what's wrong there. Can anybody shed a light on it for me?

I've tried this both with LV 2017 SP1 and LV 2018 + cRIO 18.0 driver. Both leads me to the same results.

BTW, when I'm opening my RT VI in the project, I'm getting a temporary search message box as the picture shown below. I find that the actual path for the dll is /usr/local/..., instead of usr:/local/.... Could this be the problem? I don't know why this dialog pops up. Also, I attach my project here.

Screenshot.png

Thanks,

Richtian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,009 Views)

Did you solved your problem?

I'm using HMB too, and so far it works for me.

I build lvbit and called it at RT side, running a RT interactive instance, every thing works fine.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,904 Views)

No. I didn't get luck to make it work. Which version of LabVIEW do you use? Are you play with sbRIO 9607 or 9651? Have you tried to review my attached project?

Thanks,

Richie

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,889 Views)