GPU Computing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The GPU Analysis Toolkit

hi 

i am trying to install gpu toolkit on labview 2016 , i have a cuda 9 driver, but i dont find this toolkit 

"the GPU Analysis Toolkit moved to the LabVIEW Tools Network" there is no GPU toolkit in  the LabVIEW Tools Network!! only gpu open cl and gpu open cv are found there.

is it compatible in labview 2016???

how can install this toolkit??

please help    

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,256 Views)

Try to install the LabVIEW GPU toolkit in VIPM (VI Package Manager) by searching "NI GPU Analysis Toolkit" for the 32-bit or 64-bit version add-on items. It is absolutely compatible with both LabVIEW 2016 32-bit and 64-bit. 

Before coding CUDA VI, make sure you have CUDA driver installed. Type the following text in command prompt to check the CUDA version:

nvcc --version

If error appeared means the driver was install inproperly.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(8,224 Views)

I would like to point out that you cannot use this toolkit with LabVIEW 32 bit. The problem is that, the CUDA 9.0 version does not have 32bit dlls. So for example, your LV 32 bit will not be able to use the CUBLAS library. The easy solution is to install LV 64 bit, and then the GPU Toolkit 64 bit version from VIPM.

Please correct me if the above is not the whole picture. I was not able to use CUDA from LV 32 bit, so this is just my personal observation (no errors generated, some VIs simply do not work, and give back default values, and CUBLAS version shows 0.0).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,179 Views)

I haven't try cuBLAS before. But in my application, cuFFT is worked for both 64-bit and 32-bit LV. 

And I had indeed encountered an issue that has no any response for my program when building it to an EXE. It's caused by no external resource of lvcuda*.dll that LV run time engine required. Check this article for the solution: here.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(8,174 Views)

Hey,

So I have downloaded CUDA 9.1 toolkit and am able to run cuFFT just fine on LV 32 bit, however when it comes to making .dll's labview does not accept them.  This is definitely odd to me

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,194 Views)

@DFK2018 已寫:

Hey,

So I have downloaded CUDA 9.1 toolkit and am able to run cuFFT just fine on LV 32 bit, however when it comes to making .dll's labview does not accept them.  This is definitely odd to me

Do you mean .dll in this article?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(7,191 Views)

I tried calling a matlab dll with a c# wrapper that used the matlab GPU computing toolkit and the LabVIEW environment just dropped out without a crash screen popup or anything.  

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(7,108 Views)