G Web Development Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SystemLink server is included in G Web Dev Installation Package? Why?

Solved!
Go to solution

After Installing G Web Development Software, I noticed that Systemlink/Skyline Services as well as Mongo is running in my task manager.

Then I check under my Program Menu, I could run Systemlink Server Configuration 🤔

Thus I get back to my NIPM and found yes there are list of Systemlink and/or skyline infrastructure packages are installed. 

So I decided to uninstall them. The weird thing is, it requires me to uninstall the G Web Development Software. Even if I only choose only Systemlink Core Service to uninstall. 

I wonder why?

Because, It occupy my computer resource (CPU Memory etc). While I don't need it in this computer. 

Any Idea?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,161 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ThamS

@ThamS wrote:

After Installing G Web Development Software, I noticed that Systemlink/Skyline Services as well as Mongo is running in my task manager.

It occupy my computer resource (CPU Memory etc). While I don't need it in this computer. 

For any one who has similar issue as mine: would like to develop G web only without to have SystemLink Services to run in the Development computer, you could stop the SystemLink Services as bellow:

1. Open Task Manager, (click more detail if necessary), click on Services Tab, click on Open Services the blue text button with gear icon.
  2. After Services (under Microsoft Management Console window) opened,find NI SystemLink Service Manager, right click and click Properties.
    Then you could click Stop and Set Startup Type as Disabled.
    click Ok.
    SystemLink Service Manager.png
  3. Restart/Reboot your Windows computer.

You still could open NI SystemLink Server Configuration, but you will notice that the service is not running. Only NI Web Server is running.

NI SystemLink Conf.png

Any better Idea?

Message 2 of 2
(1,083 Views)