From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

G Web Development Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for File Transfer in G Web

Team,

The System link API reference says that File Transfer services are supported in G Web Development 2021, but I do not see those APIs in the palette. Please let me know if I am missing to notice it somewhere else.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,003 Views)

Hi Sudharsan,

Only a subset of the File Service APIs are available in G Web Development Software 2021 as exposed via the TDM Reader APIs.

Screenshot 2021-09-19 18.21.26.png

These APIs will allow you to query for TDMS files available on the server and read them into formats usable in G Web Development Software (waveforms, double arrays, etc).

One of the use cases considered was test systems that collect measurements as TDMS files and upload the measurements to the NI Web Server. Then WebVIs can be created with G Web Development Software to search through and present collected measurement data.

Does the TDM workflow align with what you were thinking about using the File APIs for?

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(959 Views)