G Web Development Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about errors

I'm new to this software, so I can't tell if the problem is me or the usability of the G Web software.

Q1:  How do I see more of the "Message" in the Output window? I can't seem to horizontally scroll (though if I resize the window, I momentarily see a scroll bar, but it disappears almost immediately).  There's no tip strip, either.  I also can't seem to make the window any wider than my screen.

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 2.22.57 PM.png

Q2: What's the difference between the Output window and the Errors and Warnings window?  The "Errors" shown above don't show up in the Errors and Warnings tab.

Q3: When I right click on an error indicator on the panel and select "Explain Error", nothing happens.  What am I doing wrong?

Brian Powell
Stravaro, LLC

Learn more about the DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,113 Views)

Hi Brian,

1. You are right, the usability of this window needs some improvements. I have created a bug to address this.

In the meantime, here's a workaround that should help: when you select a row and hit Ctrl+C, the content gets copied to clipboard which you can then paste in a text editor.
  2. The Errors and Warnings window populates any VI/webVI compile issues such as unwired nodes, incorrect data-type wired to a node, etc.

The Output window mostly populates the errors that crop up when running the VIs in the editor. e.g. a JavaScript function invoked by JSLI might have thrown an exception. When you build a web application and run it in a web browser, these messages will get logged in the browser's console.
  3. It's a bug, the correct behavior is to show a dialog with more details. I created an issue to address this. The errors listed in this page might help in the meantime. Unfortunately I think the page might not list all the errors which G Web Development Software can list.
Sujay Narayana
Principal Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,080 Views)