G Web Development Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error parsing the TDMS file

Hi,

I'm trying to visualize TDMS data stored in SystemLink Cloud file storage. Data communication -> SystemLink -> TDM Reader -> Open File.gvi gives me following error:

NI::Skyline::Utilities::Parse HTTP Error.gvi<ERR>
Error parsing the TDMS file

<b>Complete call chain:</b>
NI::Skyline::Utilities::Parse HTTP Error.gvi
NI::Skyline::Utilities::Execute HTTP Verb.gvi
NI::Skyline::TDMReader::Open Files.gvi
NI::Skyline::TDMReader::Open File.gvi
WebApp::Function.gviweb

Here's a minimum webvi to demonstrate the problem. I have uploaded the data file from LabView and I have the File Id provided by the cloud.

webvi.png

One could assume the TDMS file is broken, but if I do the same trick with LabView, I get no errors and I get my data nicely illustrated in Waveform graph. Server url, api key and file id are exactly the same in both examples.

vi.png

The same TDMS data file does parse in LabView but does not parse in G Web Development. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Also the SystemLink Cloud Files Preview fails to parse and visualize the TDMS data file.

slc.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,141 Views)

Hi JaakkoAP,

Can you attach an example TDMS file that exhibits this behavior?

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,131 Views)

Hi MilanR,

Sure, here's an example file attached (just some thermal noise from DAQ ADC input). 

The problem is persistent with all the TDMS files created and upload by my LabView VI. The parsing fails already in the Open File.gvi, before any task/channel/function configuration takes place, which are defined in Read Data.gvi.

BR Jaakko

-- Edit --

Actually, when I moved my measurement VI to Run-time Environment, I'm no more able to parse the files with LabView either, so there must be something wrong in how I'm creating the file. More investigation needed. I'll be back when I have an example that I can 100% sure parse in LabView.

-- Edit2 --

When running my measurement in PC, I do get a TDMS file which does parse in Labview. Now updated the attachment as test3.tdms.

-- Edit3 -- 

Ok, looks like my previous confusion in Edit1 and Edit2 was because of the dashboard of SystemLink Cloud File storage does provide an ID for stored files that looks like a file id, but is not a correct reference. The right id is get when file is uploaded. So the measurement VI does work both in PC and my headless/fanless embedded PC. test4.tdms is recorded with the embedded PC w/ run-time environment, and it does parse in my Labview VI presented in the first post of the thread.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,125 Views)

the Group names contain < > characters.
Maybe they are causing the trouble.

AndreasK_0-1633938975738.png

Maybe you can check if dropping '<19>' for something like '_19' also shows the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,047 Views)