FlexLogger

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom scaling via SDK plugin ?

Hi, I’d like to know if the actual FlexLogger plug-in SDK allow to create a custom environment for setting scales and calibrations. I need something similar to what you can do in MAX (table, polynomial scales, etc....).

For instance, I’d like to calibrate my sensors with a set of calibration points in a table, then calculate the poly fit to be used.

My idea is to recreate an external tool that can “read” the configured (active) channels in FlexLogger, provide an extended calibration interface and inject back to FlexLogger the updated polynomial scale for each channel.

Is there a roadmap for such feature in the sdk?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,566 Views)

I think you may be able to do something like this with a FlexLogger plugin today. Say you created a plugin which accepts a number of channels as input, a table of calibration points that are common to all those channels, and then returns the scaled channels back to FlexLogger. In the implementation of the plugin you would calculate the polynomial to use and then scale each data point before sending the channels back to FlexLogger. I think that could work but you may run into some scalability challenges (no pun intended). E.g. Now you'd be logging two copies of every channel (the original and the scaled) and your configuration for those channels is split between the original and the scaled.

We've been discussing a feature which sounds similar to what you're describing. The idea would be to add a new scaling option to the channels that enables you to enter a number of calibration points in a table. If that's something you're interested in, I'd love to hear more about your application and maybe we could run it by you to see if it will meet your needs. Feel free to private message or email me!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,514 Views)

Hi, I have the same issue.

I want to use flexlogger but I need to recalibrate my sensors each day. This is a 2 point calibration by moving the sensors in a high and low position with pneumatic pistons.

The number of these sensors can be up to 30 so it would be nice to automate this instead of having to edit each scaling channel individually.

I also use labview but really want to use flexlogger for the data-acquisition.

Would it be easy to use the flexlogger SDK to automate this ?

Has anyone already done something similar ?

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom Versluys - Dept. of Civil Engineering, Gent University
Technologiepark 904, B-9052 Zwijnaarde (GENT), BELGIUM
TEL.: +32(0)9/264.54.87, FAX: +32(0)9/264.58.37, MAIL:Tom.Versluys@UGent.be
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,157 Views)

You could have all your sensors pass their data to a custom plugin and have a boolean control (set point channel) on the plugin for calibration so when the boolean is in calibration mode, the custom plugin keeps track of the min/max for each channel while you move the pneumatic pistons and then when you turn calibration mode off, it uses the min/max from each channel during calibration to scale the incoming data and produce scaled waveforms for each channel that are produced by your plugin.

Hope this idea helps. I'm not aware of anyone that has made a custom plugin to do something like this, but let us know if you need help with it.

Thanks,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,153 Views)