FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

timed loop frequency

Hi, I have a doubt about the maximum frequency in a timed loop. I'm working with a fieldpoint 2000 with a DI-301 module. I tried to create a timed loop with a period of 100us (real-time of course) for read an input of di-301 module but when I download the simple VI, the fieldpoint 2000 crashes (reboot). Then, i dont know what's happening.....  1Mhz clock is supported? or may be the DI-301 can't support this frequency????

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,242 Views)
100 usec is 10 kHz.  I'm sure there is no way that the DI-300 can handle that frequency.  That is a lot of backplane communication.  I'm not sure whether it would cause a crash.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,236 Views)
The maximum update rate on the DI-300 is 1kHz.  Running the FP-2000 at 100us is probably a bit to fast for that controller.  The first thing RT will do when you are running at high CPU is not handle any communications (including the default communication) this will make it look like the RT has crashed or locked up.
SteveA
CLD

-------------------------------------
FPGA/RT/PDA/TP/DSC
-------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,226 Views)
thanks, it's rigth,  the maximum update frequency for the DI -301 is 1k, there's no way to overcome that limit, although the timed loop for the FP2000 can use 1Mhz clock.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,210 Views)