FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

relay control using temperature

Solved!
Go to solution

Are there any example code using a FP TC 120 to control  FP RLY 420? I am looking to turn on / off a device using temperature.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,191 Views)

What kind of example would you need?

You read the thermocouple, you compare it to a value, you decide whether to turn a relay on or off.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,190 Views)

That's exactly correct. Turn on a compressor when the thermocouple reaches a temp and then turn off when it reaches another. Continually monitor and repeat when necessary

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,187 Views)

I hate to ask again, but I am having trouble wiring the Fieldpoint I/O. I was thinking that I would use a true/false state for the temperature to turn on a relay. I am sure this is simple, but I am still new to this and any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,130 Views)

You need to post your VI so we can see what  you've tried.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,125 Views)

I have added an attachment to show where I am. Sorry for the delay I have been out. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,071 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author russell-p

The first problem with your VI is that it is not runnable for several reasons.  Mostly different terminals that need to be wired that are not.  Click on the broken run arrow and it will show you those errors.

I don't think you want to put your Fieldpoint write in a case structure.  You should wire the boolean wire to Fieldpoint write directly.  A true value will turn on the relay, a False will turn it off.

One other thing I see in your VI is that it doesn't have any channels defined in the Fieldpoint I/O constants.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,067 Views)

Thanks for your help. Also, it was too bad about Ray Lewis. He is a force to reckon with that will be missed

Message 8 of 8
(7,053 Views)