FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to connect cFP with LabVIEW

Hi, I am developing an application of controlling compressor's rpm via VFD/VSD...will the cFP provide any control signal to VFD?

Or VFD provides the control for speed of compressor? I mean LabVIEW is useful for this application or VFD alone controls the speed?

pl reply fast

Vaibhav_G

Vaibhav Gandhi
B.E. Instrumentation & Control,
INDIA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,730 Views)

The VFD controls the speed of the motor driving the compressor.  You can tell the VFD what speed run the motor at through several different ways.

1.  An analog output from a DAQ device or a compact Fieldpoint module that goes into an analog input on the VFD.

2.  Serial communication between the PC or compact Fieldpoint controller and a serial communication port on the VFD.

I've used both of these methods with a couple different brands of VFD.

Look at the manual for the VFD to see what options you have available.  Even if you use the serial option, you may still have to use some external hardware such as switches or relays to enable the operation of the VFD.  Actually, it is a good idea to always have a hard wired E-stop set up so that you can disable the VFD and have the motor shutdown in the event that something in your software control fails in trying to communicate with VFD.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,722 Views)