From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safe mode software

Hi everybody!

I would lile to get more informations about Safe mode software, especially referring to this:

http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/954feaeea92d90918625674b00658b83/c6f57dbd8962662286256f8f00623231?OpenDocument

What is exactly this SW?  (The above document is quite poor.....)

How can I check if I already have it? (I installed it, ran MAX, tried to update OS on RT target, but... it was not possible: "Update OS" button dimmed, so I suppose I had it already installed)

What is meant with "Format compact Flash"? d: drive or c: drive? Because if you mean d: drive, I'd like to know how to format my card from MAX.

I'm using Developer suite (LV 7.1, MAX 3.1.1).

Thanks everybody!

graziano

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,101 Views)
SafeMode Software is part of the RT Operating System running on Targets, e.g. Fieldpoint.
It can get useful if the user needs to restore settings on the fieldpoint or remove/reinstall software. Kind of what happens with windows when it gets booted into Recovery Mode. If you are not able to update the OS of your cFP, then it may simply be already up to date.

You can make sure the Fieldpoint RT OS is up to date by right clicking on it in the REmote Systems view and checking if the entry "Format Disk" is there.

This only allows you to erase the C: disk.

AlessioD
Message 2 of 3
(3,089 Views)
Hi Alessio,
   thank you very much! Your answer was clear!

graziano
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,084 Views)