FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically changing FieldPoint channel settings

I need to be able to change my Compact FieldPoint channel settings on-the-fly, specifically the range and attribute settings.  I've tried doing so using the "Configure Range" and "Configure Attribute" VI's, but have been unsuccessful thus far.  I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong, though it may be that the cFP Modules I have are NOT listed in these VI's selection controls.  I am using 3 cFP-AI-118 modules and 1 cFP-TC-120 module on a 4-slot chassis with a cFP-2120 controller.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Jack
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(9,059 Views)

Hello Jack,

This is because the Ethernet Configuration VIs were written before the newest modules were released.  However, they were designed so that if new modules were released, the user could select "Unspecified Module Type" and enter configuration parameters manually by entering actual IDs instead of selecting from the enum list given by "Input Range."

Regards,

Clint M
National Instruments

Message 2 of 11
(9,039 Views)
The Ethernet Configuration VIs will be updated in the upcoming release of FieldPoint (FieldPoint 6.0) to include the modules you need.  But for now, you should be able to use the existing VIs and follow the methodology that Clint mentions.

-Tommy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(9,038 Views)
I'm guessing FP 6.0 will be included in the developer suite package I should be receiving sometime soon, which should also contain version 8.5 of LabVIEW.  If so, great!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(8,969 Views)
Hi NavyJack,

You can also install the FieldPoint 6.0 driver from the August Driver CD which can downloaded here

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Regards,
Ching P.
DAQ and Academic Hardware R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(8,968 Views)
Thanks Ching.  At 1.5Gb, I think I'll wait for my August distribution disks to find me.  I've got it working OK for now, using some of the previously obtained advice, so I'll with it this way for now.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(8,947 Views)

Just curious... 

Is there a way to programatically change the scaling values of  cFP 2120?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(8,898 Views)

Hello Jack,

There is not way to programatically change the scaling values of the channels for FieldPoint.  You can only change the range, attributes, and deadband.  If you want to change the scaling, you will need to just scale the values after they have been aquired in LabVIEW.

Regards,

Clint M
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(8,873 Views)
Thanks!  I figured that would be the only way, but I had to ask!
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(8,868 Views)
Never hurts to ask!  Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(8,851 Views)