From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI cFP-AIO-610

Hi, i have the above module. What i want to know is can i have 4, 4-20ma inputs plugged into them that are converted from voltages. These converters all have individual power supplys or do i need to buy an analog input module with isolated connections??

Stu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,866 Views)

Hi Stu,

As long as you don't exceed the input limits of the cFP-AIO-610 you won't need any additional isolation. The advantage of the cFP is that there is isolation between the modules and the backplane. This means that if the module blows up for any reason it won't damage the whole system.

The first thing to check would be the isolation provided with the converters. This should protect you from any high voltage and prevent it from getting into the cFP. Also the output of the converter should match the inputs of your module.

You might find this document useful too:   http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/D35984A3E34ECF3A862571860055163E

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Mahdieh G
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK&Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,851 Views)