FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX newbie confused on data configuration

I'm trying to get a handle on an existing application that was written before I was hired.

I have a test Fieldpoint rig setup about the same as the production unit. I am able to communicate with the Fieldpoint in MAX and query it with LabWindows/CVI.

If I go into MAX and change the data configuration range from 0 to 20 volts to -120 volts to 120 volts, the reading in MAX doesn't change. Also, the value I read in LabWindows/CVI doesn't change either. I am hitting the Apply button.

So is this range adjustment used anywhere, or is it just for documentation?

(Attached is a screen capture of the value I am changing)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,016 Views)
Is your analog input within the ranges that you are defining?  Are you changing the analog input between configuration changes?  Let's say you are putting in 10V,  it's within range of 0--20V.  It's also within range of 0-120V.  So you should be able to read the value with either range.  Of course with the larger range, you will have a little worse accuracy and/or resolution.  If you were trying to read 30V, then you wouldn't be able to read it at all with the 0-20V range, but would be able to read it with the 0-120V range.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,015 Views)
Thank you, Ravens Fan.

It's so obvious now. I thought that the number was just a multiplier. The cFP-AI-102 is much more powerful and easier to use than I gave it credit for.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,999 Views)