From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview8.2 programming

If anyone can help me and figure out why everytime both fans turn ON  even the setpoint is not reaching the process value (auto option), attached is the section of Program , please open block diagram and see case"2" of big case structure. I am a new developer and any help in this regard will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Faiyaz Syed
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,560 Views)
I'm not exactly sure why your vi does not run correctly.  You are using multiple front panel controls that all point to the same cFP I/O.  That might be part of the problem.  I also noticed that you are not using the error cluster.  This could mask an issue with your I/O.  I simplified your code and added the error cluster. 
Hopefully the combination of the Error Cluster and Highlight Excution will help you resolve any remaining problems.

Make sure that the correct I/O are selected in the front panel controls.

Make sure that you are getting the correct temp reading.

Use the "Highlight Execution Mode" to observe how the code is actually executing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,516 Views)

hi centrebolt,

Thanks , i tried yr code in highlted mode , looks like it is going to work , and also thanks to correct  loop by using error cluster , yes i did not use it but i am going to use it now , other thing is  i will add with this loop , which is use of shared-variable because i want to change set point of fans from other VI running from host computer , do you think its a good idea to use shared variable in that case? i am comfortable using global and local variable but not with shared that's why I am hasitating. any recommendations to change fans' set point using what kind of variable ?

Thanks

Fayasoft

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,512 Views)
I'm glad that worked out.

The shared network variable should work just fine for setpoints.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,508 Views)