FieldPoint VI Manager 6.0.6
LabVIEW PID Control Toolkit 8.2
LabVIEW Real-Time 8.2.1
NI-Serial RT 3.3.4
NI-VISA 4.6.2
NI-Watchdog 4.0.0
Variable Client Support for LabVIEW RT 1.2.2

I keep getting the following error when I try to deploy example project:

192.168.1.2\variables - network - RT (separate) deployment failed (error: -2147220717, MAX:  (Hex 0x80040313) The Remote Procedure Call connecting the client to the configuration server failed to be initialized. Your installation may need to be repaired.). 

I reformatted FP-2015, reinstalled FP software couple of times, but the error still there. I also have LV 2012 SP 1 and NIMAX 5.5 installed on the same host PC, if that can cause compatibility issues.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,681 Views)

I added Network Variable Engine software to FP-2015 and it seems to work. The problem now is unreliable connection response from the FP-2015 - sometimes it sits and waits there for minutes trying to establish connection to deploy from the host

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,675 Views)

Hi Fedor

How are you connecting the FieldPoint device to the computer trough a router or with a network cable from the device directly to the computer? We might need to check if the problem is with the network or the communication with the device.

Regards

Esteban Rivel.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,658 Views)

It's connected to PC ethernet port dirrectly. Tried both with firewall on and off.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,653 Views)

Hi Fedor

Could you tell me more about the problem, what exactly do you mean with unreliable connection? What is happening on your application does it generate any error code, problem or is it not responding as expected?

Regards

Esteban R.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,641 Views)

What I see is happening that it takes host application several minutes to establish first connection to target application running on the FP-2015 using network shared variable engine. After the connection is established, the host can read it repeatedly without a delay.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,639 Views)

Hi Fedor 

Is the computer having problems to communicate with the device only with that application oris it having problems even with a simple example or application?Could you run a simple example or simplified version of the code to see what happens?

Regards

Esteban R

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,615 Views)